Current Job Openings
PetVet Care Centers, Inc. is one of the nation’s leading operators of veterinary hospitals for companion animals. The company operates over 450 hospitals across multiple states and employs over 11,000 people including over 800 veterinarians. Since its inception, PetVet has been structured around a model that is focused on developing a partnership between the hospitals and the company and providing the highest quality medicine and service.
Bluegrass Equine Surgery was founded with an uncompromising commitment to quality care for patients and strong relationships with their owners. Bluegrass Equine Surgery is a specialty equine hospital just outside Lexington, KY, in the heart of horse country. We provide both primary and specialized surgical care; providing ambulatory care services to nearly all of the premier horse farms; and are expanding our presence in the international equine industry. Bluegrass Equine Surgery consistently strives to provide the most advanced technology and the latest in treatment options for every aspect of a horse’s life.
We are looking for an experienced veterinarian to join our field services team, providing both general and emergency ambulatory care to our current clients and helping to expand our practice within Central Kentucky. Skills and competencies needed for the role include, but are not limited to:
- General health/wellness examination
- Vaccination appointments
- General emergencies
- Lameness examination
- Pre-purchase/pre-lease examination
- Radiograph review
- Nasogastric intubation
- Catheter placement
- Fluid administration
- Minor surgical procedures
- Digital radiography
- Upper airway endoscopy
- Diagnostic nerve/joint blocks
- Joint injections
- Ultrasound guided intralesional injection
- Doctorate of Veterinary Medicine (or equivalent) degree and veterinary license and accreditation to practice in the state of Kentucky are required.
- Evening and weekend shift availability, including shared on-call rotation
- Minimum 1-2 years experience as a veterinarian with exposure/expertise related to sport horse medicine.
- Positive attitude with a specific interest in sport horse medicine and willingness to work as a part of a growing team within a well-established practice.
- Communicate effectively with colleagues and ensure all matters related to shared clientele are communicated quickly and efficiently.
- Ability to withstand all physical requirements and environmental elements.
- A valid driver’s license.
For more information on this opportunity and to be connected with the Bluegrass Equine team, please contact Dr. Margot Daly at email@example.com with your resume or CV.
PetVet is an equal opportunity employer. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, age, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, religion, citizenship, national origin/ancestry, physical/mental disabilities, military status or any other basis prohibited by law. EOE, M/F/D/V
PetVet respects your privacy and is committed to protecting your personal information. Please see our privacy notice for additional information about our data practices.
Why Consider Our Versailles Hospital?
At Bluegrass Equine Surgery, our team members all share the same passion for making and keeping animals healthy.
Our hospital truly is an excellent place to work, with a highly skilled team focused on 'best in practice' veterinary care.
We are very supportive of individuals looking to grow their veterinary careers and look forward to hearing from you.
We invite you to explore your veterinary career options with Bluegrass Equine Surgery, where you'll be a respected member of a team that loves animals and values the contributions from every individual on the team.